- The man started his presidency off with a bang by botching his oath of office.
- For good measure, he set the tone for it by blaming Chief Justice John Roberts for the error.
- Obama promises on the campaign trail to immediately shut down Guantanamo Bay. The detention facility is open three years later and counting.
- In the same breath, he promises to restore habeas corpus. Three years into his term, he signs the National Defense Authorization Act, which leaves open the possibility of indefinite detention of American citizens.
- President Obama ordered the assassination of an American citizen.
- As Senator, Obama spoke out against but voted for the Patriot Act.
- As President, he extended it, with an auto-pen, while he was in France.
- Obama continues the “Bush practice” of extraordinary rendition.
- As a candidate, Obama promises to end the War in Iraq and bring all troops home within 16 months. He even says in 2007 that it would be the first thing he would do in office, and that “you can take that to the bank.” As president, he announces all troops would be withdrawn by the end of 2011 (34 months later).
- Obama states the Afghan War would conclude in June 2011, but projections now have us running into 2014.
Read the rest of the list here…
Follow us, donate and help us stay on-line.